CG Tech Services is a growing IT solutions firm focused on small businesses of about 5-500 employees. We provide comprehensive IT solutions, including Windows servers, workstations, and custom, private cloud services.
The majority of our clients are located in downtown Seattle. We use several remote access technologies to provide fast and cost-conscious assistance and to reduce the environmental impact of driving.
We're looking for friendly, professional, and reliable people to join our team.
The Implementation Engineer is a key contributor to the success of our Professional Services team in managing client IT environments. This is achieved by quickly and proactively resolving incidents, and by successfully implementing solutions on time and on budget.
- Act as a senior consulting and implementation engineer for prospects and clients on server, storage, backup, virtualization, cloud, and other relevant data center technologies, services, tools, and best practices.
- Provide all levels of IT support and training to our clients, collaborating with internal and external resources as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Operate as part of the team responsible for the continued maintenance, operation, and security of client IT systems.
- Implement and improvise support tools and automation required to deliver on SLAs.
- Assist with the administration and fine-tuning of our Remote Monitoring and Management system used to monitor client environments.
- Assist with the administration and support of our Cloud Solution.
- Assist with the administration of our clients Hyper-V virtualization environments.
- Provide assistance with internal IT projects and initiatives as required.
- Analyze client IT related practices and equipment and make recommendations to bring technical resources in line with business needs.
- Act as a billable professional services resource on implementation and design projects.
- Quickly and efficiently complete client facing server, desktop, and network service desk tickets to resolution.
- Maintain customer SLAs while providing a high level of personalized customer service.
- Utilize internal ticketing system to manage schedule, workload and compile detailed notes as related to services rendered.
- Participate in shared 24x7 weekly on-call schedules.
- Comfortable working in a dog-friendly environment.
- Attend training and pursue product certifications as required.
- Complete other technical and system-related projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Because some of our clients fall under certain compliance laws, we can only employee US citizens. You will need to provide proof of US citizenship to be considered for this position.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience providing technical support. Minimum of 4 years in a Tier III position.
- Strong technical support and troubleshooting skills; comfortable supporting a wide range of products and technologies.
- Working knowledge of support ticketing systems, managed services, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Experience with ITIL or other IT service management frameworks a plus.
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications a plus.
- A deep understanding of TCP/IP networks including knowledge and exposure to complex network architectures, network troubleshooting, load balancing and network security is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge in routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
- Experienced in managing production environments running Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server, and IIS components.
- Expert knowledge of all Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Exemplary customer service skills preferably with experience supporting external clients.
- Understands what is required to run a highly available, highly scalable, efficient and secure service and can demonstrate experience.
- Must be detail-oriented; provide consistent and timely follow-through and documentation.
- Able to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Able to keep a closed-loop communication with clients through the completion of incidents.
- Able to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Able to carefully lift servers and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to manage projects from pre-sales through post deployment support and meet reasonable deadlines.
- Must provide your own, non-shared, reliable transportation to drive computers/servers/networking equipment between office and clients' offices.
- Significant experience with the following technologies:
- Server hardware
- Storage Area Networks
- Windows 2008 R1 to 2016 R1 Server OS
- Exchange Server and Office 365
- SQL Server
- Windows Active Directory and ADFS
- SSL certificates
- Desktops/laptops/smart phones/tablets
- Windows 8 and MS Office 2013 and to current versions
- Cloud IaaS and SaaS solutions
- BDR systems and cloud backups
Our benefits package includes medical benefits, dental benefits, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, and a company-matching retirement plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
We prohibit discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.