Field Support Technician
CG Tech Services is a growing IT solutions firm focused on small businesses of about 5-500 employees. We provide comprehensive IT solutions, including Windows servers, workstations, and custom, private cloud services.
The majority of our clients are in the Greater Seattle. We use several remote access technologies to provide fast and cost-conscious assistance and to reduce the environmental impact of driving.
We're looking for humble, motivated, and emotionally intelligent people to join our team.
The Field Support Technician is a key contributor to the success of our team. This role provides friendly, professional, and reliable service to our clients by quickly and proactively resolving incidents in their IT environments on time and on budget.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relay technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Exemplary customer service skills, preferably with experience supporting external clients.
- Must be detail-oriented; provide consistent and timely follow-through and documentation.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Must provide your own, non-shared, reliable transportation to drive computers/servers/networking equipment between office and clients' offices.
- Able to carefully lift servers and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Act as a help-desk and field technician for our clients on workstations, servers, and networking equipment.
- Operate as part of the team responsible for the continued maintenance, operation, and security of client systems.
- Implement support tools and automation required to deliver on SLAs.
- Use ticketing system to manage schedule and workload and to compile detailed notes.
- Participate in shared 24x7 weekly on-call schedules.
- Attend training and pursue certifications as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years of IT experience supporting Windows client operating systems
- Network+ Certification
- Previous MSP Experience
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Server hardware
- Windows 2008 R1 to 2019 Server OS
- Office 365
- Windows Active Directory
- SSL certificates
- Desktops/laptops/smart phones/tablets
- Windows 8 and MS Office 2010 and to current versions
- ConnectWise Manage or similar PSA software
- ConnectWise Automate (LabTech) or similar RMM software
Our benefits package includes medical benefits, dental benefits, life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, and a company-matching retirement plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
We prohibit discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.