Senior Systems Engineer
We're looking for a friendly, professional, and reliable person to join our team. This person will provide direct IT support and consulting to our small business clients. You will be responsible for taking care of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting servers, and networks, and provide business consultation to our clients explaining their options and helping them select the best IT solution for their business.
- Respond to email and phone requests for support.
- Provide recommendations for how a client can improve their IT infrastructure and systems to grow and/or stabilize their business.
- Identify areas to improve use of technology in business processes.
- Participate in shared schedule of reviewing server and network equipment logs.
- Participate in shared 24x7 weekly on-call schedules.
- Participate in staff meetings discussing clients' issues and resolution options.
- Review clients' entire IT infrastructure on a recurring basis to identify limitations and suggest improvements.
- Stay current with industry trends and learn about new technologies.
- Work with project managers on infrastructure projects, such as office moves, branch office expansions, office consolidations, and server upgrades.
- Proactive monitoring of infrastructures to identify and resolve issues before downtime occurs.
- Network connectivity troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Coordination of service requests with third-party technology providers.
- Communicate with client and support team about status of issues.
- Work outside of regular business hours to handle emergency and after-hours maintenance and migration needs.
- Experience interacting with and supporting end-users, business managers, and business owners troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Experience working with Windows Server and Exchange Server.
- Ability to interact with a client to determine how to select, size, and configure servers for the client's business. This includes determining the current needed capacity and the future growth of the organization.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to work in a range of environments from racking servers to meeting with business owners.
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing network equipment (firewalls, switches, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Dell and/or HP servers.
- Deep understanding of network protocols and Internet connectivity.
- Ability to create and maintain clear, concise, and detailed technical documentation and case notes.
- Confidence to start working on a task without significant background information.
- Professional and friendly customer service skills.
- Must provide reliable transportation to drive computers/servers/networking equipment between office and clients' offices.
- Able to carefully lift servers and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Our benefits package includes medical benefits, dental benefits, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, and a company-matching retirement plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
We prohibit discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.